Offer extensive experience in team management, visual and UX design, front-end development, enterprise website management, and ad operations. Possess excellent organizational skills for simultaneously managing multiple individuals and projects while completing tasks on time and within budget. Proven ability to work as an integral team member with a focus on Web standards/usability concerns and meeting project specifications. Have strong creative and written/verbal communication skills necessary in negotiating with multiple stakeholders as well as for conceptualizing, developing, and supporting process and project development, testing, and deployment.
Front End Engineering Manager - Scripps Networks Interactive: October 2011 - Present
- Lead a large team of engineers across multiple matrix teams in developing innovative functional solutions to provide customers high-quality user experiences across Scripps Networks Digital sites like FoodNetwork.com, HGTV.com, TravelChannel.com, DIYNetwork.com, FrontDoor.com, and more.
- Responsible for hiring, team building, performance management, and career development for full-time employees and contractors across matrix teams including Manage & Maintenance, Tentpole, Account Services, and Creative Services.
- Utilize experience with visual and UX design, media production, and digital publisher revenue strategy and implementation to provide leadership in business and communication principles, as well as software development processes including workflow from requirements documentation, estimation and scheduling through development, QA and UAT.
- Provide front-end guidance and support around standards-compliant, cross-browser, and cross-platform development to developers, partners, and peers.
- Led development and production teams for YoY increases in pageviews/ad revenue across Food and Shelter vertical brand sites FoodNetwork.com, HGTV.com, HGTVRemodels.com, etc.
- Pioneered new workflows for production and development teams resulting in increased quality, reduced rework, and better transparency for management and stakeholders.
- Focused on employee retention through revised intake practices, career development, and soft skills guidance leading to increased retention rate and higher team morale.
- Developed and distributed training materials and processes for existing and new employees and vendors.
- Act as front-end representation in ongoing cross-team engineering management initiative to optimize and standardize engineering practices throughout company in documentation, communication, and tool development/usage.
- Chosen for Communications Excellence Training Program (2012)
Interactive Ad Operations Manager - Scripps Networks Interactive: 2007 - 2011
- Managed SNI Ad Operations team in all daily aspects of the ad serving process and workflow. Ensured all team members were up to date on the latest ad-serving technologies and trained on the successful implementation, testing, targeting, and troubleshooting for all online ad campaigns.
- Worked closely with operational team leads to define cross-departmental efficiencies and ad technologies, and to support SNI policy, process, and procedure.
- Developed a number of tools to increase efficiency, reduce manual error, and automate repetitive tasks.
- Directed or contributed to many successful site integrations and launches including:
- Food.com (Recipezaar.com rebranding and redesign)
- FoodNetwork.com redesign
- HGTV.com redesign
- DIYNetwork.com redesign
- Chosen for Scripps Networks Mentor Experience Program (2010-2011).
- Chosen for Foundations of Leadership 360 (2010-2011).
- Designed and developed ad campaign pacing tool for use by Ad Sales and Ad Operations teams.
- Developed generator used by traffic team to produce preroll video ad creative supporting VAST2 (video ad serving template) allowing us to monetize third party-hosted video ads across Scripps Networks’ core and partner sites.
- Created a Scripps-branded Yahoo! widget that displays workflow data for order request status, Business Intelligence under-delivery reporting, and advertiser ABC status by virtue of secure RSS feeds.
- Developed training modules based on ad-serving process, procedures, and codebase infrastructure for new hires and senior staff updates.
- Built out an onboarding ad infrastructure kit for use by new site partners in order to expedite ad serving for integrated site.
- Designed an upgraded Flash ad creative generator, clicktag generator and contact list.
Freelance Web Creator - Minotaur Design, 1999 - Present
- Provide professional illustration and graphic design, from concept to finish.
Multimedia developer -> web designer -> Art Director - Reynolds & Reynolds - Virginia Beach, VA, 6/97 - 4/05
- Provided art direction and design for international clients including Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Honda, Acura, and Scion to design compliant websites and jump pages.
- Designed web & multimedia content for national automotive dealerships and manufacturers.
- Led a design committee in creation, revision, and deployment of several hundred website designs, both for manufacturers such as Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Honda, Acura, MINI, Subaru, Hyundai, Suzuki, and Mitsubishi, as well as large dealer groups such as Sonic Automotive, Southeast Toyota, United Auto Group, and clients in the UK.
- Developed project plans and cost estimates for upcoming projects, while monitoring team workload, productivity, and schedule.
- Served as design team leader developing for two distinct content management systems producing material for dealerships, dealer clients, and Reynolds Web Solutions internal use.
- Contractor, Web Designer - Scripps Networks, Knoxville, TN, 2006 - 2007
- Adobe DAY CQ
- Vignette CMS
- JS libraries
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Mediums - Fine Art
- Pencil/Colored Pencil
- Columbus College of Art and Design, Columbus, OH
- B.F.A. in Visual Communication/Illustration, 1996
- Minor in Advertising Design
- References available upon request